Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Where did it go?

I go back to school tomorrow.  Luckily the kids don't come back until Monday.  Though I have to be downtown  at 8am tomorrow morning.  Yuck.  I'm not ready to get up early.

I have so much stuff to do for school.  Make up some rules, make a practice log, a 'welcome to band letter, etc.  Not to mention deal with the scheduling nightmare they gave me.  Oh, and magically learn to teach orchestra.  Whee!  go go public schools....

I feel like all I 'accomplished' this summer was how to play in the dirt.  The garden doesn't look so bad now, except for the herb end which needs so more grass clippings.  Though the flower bed I dug is starting to fill with grass around the flowers.  I've learned to hate crabgrass.  The stuff grows everywhere, and it's impossible to kill.

That being said, I'm gonna get ready for bed, even though I'm not tired.  Sitting here is painful.  While at the grocery store this evening, I wrenched my back something fierce.  I went to put the cart in the corral in the parking lot and bent over to get the pop the bagger guy put on the bottom rack and my lower back just 'caught.'  That's the only way I can think to put it, like I had to take a couple quick breaths.  So sitting in meetings all day tomorrow is gonna suck and be sorta painful.  It started feeling a little better tonight, but it always feels worse the next day when you first get out of bed.  Such wonderful things to look forward to on my first day back ><

No comments: