Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Movin' On Up!

To the east side....no, really...the house is on the east side of Indy.

We're moving Saturday.  In fact, I'm posting now instead of packing.  I took a personal day Monday so I could recover.  Seems that getting up at 5am, running a 5k, and moving was poor planning...

I'm excited though, I've got the whole kitchen packed, most of the bedroom is packed, and most of the bathrooms are packed.  The office hasn't been touched yet because, well, we both need that to keep our sanity.  

Sunday we made our first 'homeowner' purchase.  A lawnmower. woo.  Nate used it on Tuesday.  Turns out we also have quite the dandelion problem, and some weeds.  And a backyard that is deceivingly large, from what I hear.  I have yet to inspect it from anywhere other than the back porch.  That being said, I can't wait to get in there and plant some flowers.  

It all sounds fun now, but in a year or two I'll probably complain about all the work that goes into owning a house :)

I'm done rambling, now go watch the Jefferson's to get the song out of your head.  I know you're still singing it.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I can't wait to come visit! Yay!

elizabeth said...

Congrats on moving in, fellow east-sider!! Hopefully we'll see you guys more now!