Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labored Weekend

I did anything but rest this past 3 day weekend. Our house finally got some color in it!

Saturday morning/afternoon, my parents drove my grandparents over to see the house for the first time. They left, then the hubby and I started preparing to paint the front room and dining room. We spent a couple hours discussing colors, and how to make it work, then took off to Home Depot to buy some paint. We got back relaxed a little, then I got started taping the baseboards and around the windows. I went to bed around midnight.

Sunday morning came, my Mom came back around 10am, then we took off to Kmart where she purchased and area rug for me. The original thought was a little table for the 'breakfast' area, but there wasn't anything that jumped out at me.

The Wellbrocks showed up around noon and we got to painting. I did the taped trim, the wellbrocks rolled, and my poor mother was on free hand trim duty around the ceiling because the rest of us didn't want to do it. Around 5 another wellbrock showed up to stay the night.

That day we put on two coats of each color, then got up monday and put another coat of red on. I also went yesterday and got frames for 8 of the 1o pictures I want to get framed. They look so much better framed.

Overall, I'm tired, but it felt good to have a productive weekend.

No comments: